3.18 – Enhanced Negotiating Strategies In English
- Get best practices and proven tactics for all stages of negotiations.
- Delve into methods to neutralize common negotiating tactics.
- Intellectual property managers
- Licensing managers
- Technology transfer professionals
Contenu de la formation
This seminar discusses the most intense negotiating strategies and tactics allowed without violating Articles of the Geneva Convention. Best practices for all stages of negotiations–due diligence, initial meeting management, opening offers, concessions management, closings and renegotiations–will be discussed. Case studies of groundbreaking negotiations such as those managed by Elon Musk, Ted Turner, Wayne Huizenga (Blockbuster Video), Sabeer Bhatia (Hotmail), Donald Trump, Eminem, Van Halen, Lady Gaga, the Girl Scouts, and Hector Ruiz (Advanced Micro Devices) will be dissected.
Among the issues to be discussed in this seminar are:
- Pre-negotiation due diligence and competitive intelligence
- Assessing personalities of opponents to determine vulnerabilities
- Negotiating before you get to the table
- Winning points by demanding pre-conditions
- How to fractionalize the other side
- When to sell via direct negotiations vs. competitive bidding
- When it is rational to behave irrationally
- Emasculating giants by activating outside coercers and conflicting out key players
- How to delegitimize unfavorable agreements
- Redefining terms to achieve buy-in of your position
- Best practices for unwinding ultimatums
- How to « lie » when telling the truth
- How weak players can gain leverage through allies
- How to shut down negotiations when favorable terms are reached
- Lessons from terrorist interrogators, car salesmen, Machiavelli and Sun Tzu
Pour les personnes en situation de handicap, plus d’informations ici.