4.12 – Certified Patent Valuation Analyst In English
- Valuation of Emerging Technologies
- Negotiating Licensing Agreements for Maximum Returns
- Calculating Damages Resulting from Patent Infringement
- Advanced Patent Valuation
- Intellectual property managers
- Licensing managers
- Technology transfer professionals
- Patent lawyers
Contenu de la formation
The course will be given by David Wanetick who is an internationally recognized valuation expert with an expertise in valuing patents, intangible assets, and emerging technologies. David Wanetick will come on purpose from the United States to give this course in Paris!
Valuation of Emerging Technologies
- In depth review of valuation methodologies : Cost, Income, Market, Monte Carlo, Real Options, Reasonable Royalty, Probability Weighted Expected Return Methods, Bayesian Analysis, Binomial Lattices, Markov Chains.
- Introduction to the Patent Valuation Gauntlet (PVG) which takes into account commercial value, assertion value, blocking value, cross-licensing value, reputational value as well as patent invalidity risks and design around risks.
- Excel sheets with 40 valuation methodologies are included with the registration.
Negotiating Licensing Agreements for Maximum Returns
- How to maximize the value from your licensing agreements.
- When to use and how to negotiate the following licensing terms: Royalty rates, Upfront payments and milestones, Granting options to take a license, Royalty stacking, Sublicensing issues, Fields of use, Most favored nation licensing, Managing litigation, Royalty audits.
- Live sessions feature a Negotiating Battle™, with an interactive simulated licensing negotiation.
Advanced Patent Valuation
- Tremendous value can be gained (or squandered) through the drafting of patents. The value of a promising technology can be nullified through sloppy claims construction.
- Review best practices for: Balancing broad versus narrow claims/Getting the mix of independent and dependent claims right/Managing interactions with patent examiners/Selecting and defining the most appropriate terms/Managing the pace of patent review
Calculating Damages Resulting from Patent Infringement
- Numerous judicial rulings and the proliferation of non-practicing entities threatens patent value. On the other hand, the value of patents can surge when sustaining invalidity challenges.
- Review basic tenets of patent infringement such as: Reasonable royalties/Lost profits/Price erosion/Market size/Reputational damage/Market spoilage/The Georgia-Pacific factors/The 25% rule/Cost of next best alternatives/Running royalties vs. lump-sum payments
Once you have completed the required course credits and passed the online exam, you may use the CPVA designation after your name.
Pour les personnes en situation de handicap, plus d’informations ici.