4.10 – Certified Patent Valuation Analyst Nouveau / In English
- Valuation of Emerging Technologies
- Negotiating Licensing Agreements for Maximum Returns
- Calculating Damages Resulting from Patent Infringement
- Advanced Patent Valuation
- Intellectual property managers
- Licensing managers
- Technology transfer professionals
- Patent lawyers
Contenu de la formation
Valuation of Emerging Technologies
- In depth review of valuation methodologies : Cost, Income, Market, Monte Carlo, Real Options, Reasonable Royalty, Probability Weighted Expected Return Methods, Bayesian Analysis, Binomial Lattices, Markov Chains.
- Introduction to the Patent Valuation Gauntlet (PVG) which takes into account commercial value, assertion value, blocking value, cross-licensing value, reputational value as well as patent invalidity risks and design around risks.
- Excel sheets with 40 valuation methodologies are included with the registration.
Negotiating Licensing Agreements for Maximum Returns
- How to maximize the value from your licensing agreements.
- When to use and how to negotiate the following licensing terms: Royalty rates, Upfront payments and milestones, Granting options to take a license, Royalty stacking, Sublicensing issues, Fields of use, Most favored nation licensing, Managing litigation, Royalty audits.
- Live sessions feature a Negotiating Battle™, with an interactive simulated licensing negotiation.
Advanced Patent Valuation
- Tremendous value can be gained (or squandered) through the drafting of patents. The value of a promising technology can be nullified through sloppy claims construction.
- Review best practices for: Balancing broad versus narrow claims/Getting the mix of independent and dependent claims right/Managing interactions with patent examiners/Selecting and defining the most appropriate terms/Managing the pace of patent review
Calculating Damages Resulting from Patent Infringement
- Numerous judicial rulings and the proliferation of non-practicing entities threatens patent value. On the other hand, the value of patents can surge when sustaining invalidity challenges.
- Review basic tenets of patent infringement such as: Reasonable royalties/Lost profits/Price erosion/Market size/Reputational damage/Market spoilage/The Georgia-Pacific factors/The 25% rule/Cost of next best alternatives/Running royalties vs. lump-sum payments
Pour les personnes en situation de handicap, plus d’informations ici.